About Me

My photo
I am an amateur writer, I love to blog and connect with people online. If I could my whole day would be spent just writing.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

I did it! I quit my job! They can all go, er…, fishing!

The diary of an unplaced worker

resignation

Monday

What a relief not to have to clock in this morning, my first morning of freedom in 7 years. I couldn't stand that place any more. 7 years of bowing and kowtowing to my idiot boss, 7 years of drinking that stuff they call coffee, 7 years of doing those stupid insurance calculations over and over again and then fighting over every number. The paper I produced! I can tell them what to do with all that paper!

Ah, it's great to be free of all that, not to put a tie on in the morning, to be able to breathe in fresh uninsured air and to drink a decent cup of coffee. Boy, I sure told those guys what I thought of them. You should have seen the manager's face when he walked into the room in the middle of my speech!

Money? I can always contact that Personal Money Store and call around to pick up the proceeds of a few Short Term Loans until my new job kicks in.

Tuesday

I'll plan my day better today. Yesterday my head was still in a mess from my hysterical outburst on Friday. Guess I'll have to make my own lunch today. Then I'll go buy a newspaper and start looking at the wanted ads.

Wednesday

I wonder how Ben is doing? Think he's moved into my office and sitting in my tilt-back chair? I'm surprised no one from the office has called me. Pretty thin column of want ads in yesterday's paper. I guess Wednesdays are better. ... click here to read the rest of the article titled "I did it! I quit my job! They can all go, er…, fishing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment