About Me

My photo
I am an amateur writer, I love to blog and connect with people online. If I could my whole day would be spent just writing.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Wing Bowl 2010 results | Winner misses record by 3

Wing Bowl 2010 grand prize

Wing Bowl 2010

Image from Flickr.

What did you have for breakfast today? Jonathan Squib, who goes by Super Squib in the Wing Bowl, had 238 chicken wings. The Wing Bowl record, set in 2008, is 241 wings. Tough break, Super Squibb.

Wing Bowl 2010 is the first time I’ve heard of it, despite my enthusiastic interest in hot wings and hot wing eating contests. Of course, I live pretty far from Philadelphia, PA, where the Wing Bowl is held. However, after everything I have learned today, I think the spectacle might be worth getting a personal cash loan and making the trip to see it.

Rules of Wing Bowl 2010

Twenty-nine contestants and about 20,000 people attended Wing Bowl 2010, also known as Wing Bowl 18. Wing Bowl is always held the Friday before the Super Bowl. The event began shortly after 6 a.m. — pretty early in the morning for chowing down hundreds of chicken wings.

As usual, the first 14-minute round moved the top 10 qualifiers to the next 14-minute round. It all ended with a showdown between Super Squib and “Not Rich.” Squib blew the competition away; Not Rich ate 145 wings throughout the competition. For his nearly record-breaking efforts, Squib won a Ford F-150 truck.

Wing Bowl history

These two went head to head last year as well, though it was a much closer battle. Super Squib downed 238 wings and Not Rich ate 180. For the past four years, Wing Bowl tickets have sold out withing three days, though this year it took more than a month. I blame the economy. … click here to read the rest of the article titled “Wing Bowl 2010 results | Winner misses record by 3



No comments:

Post a Comment