About Me

My photo
I am an amateur writer, I love to blog and connect with people online. If I could my whole day would be spent just writing.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The designer coffee effect on my personal finances

I made a mistake and I paid a price.

But in this case I paid the price with a smile.

PauseThis morning my wife had a chore in the adjoining town, saw me sitting blankly in front of the computer and asked if I'd like to come along. With a gasp of relief at having an alternative, I grabbed my car keys and off we went. The business was over in a few minutes and as we walked back to the car she said, "how about morning coffee in the mall?" That was the moment of my mistake. Now, too late, I remember the last time we had morning coffee in the mall. But things were different then.

The mall

The mall is huge. Two floors of heavy shopping, and to my surprise as a Recession Writer, thronged with people. And most of the people were carrying shopping bags, a sure sign that they are buying or at worst, exchanging something they bought that doesn't fit. The other alternative, I think, is that they are all out there operating on Installment Loans which gives them enough money to make a shopping trip.

The coffee shop is great. It features the latest in coffee shop architecture and serves designer coffee to designer housewives wheeling little designer babies. The place is pretty full and the babble of conversation drowns out the coffee music.

We order

My wife orders a small cappuccino and a Danish, the cinnamon kind, she says. I order a medium latte with a shot of caramel syrup and the same Danish. Everything is delicious. The Danish arrive on plates with a small mound of cinnamon dust on the side meaning that the waitress or the chef almost understood the order. Whatever, it was great. Then we got to the finances. ... click here to read the rest of the article titled "The designer coffee effect on my personal finances"

No comments:

Post a Comment