About Me

My photo
I am an amateur writer, I love to blog and connect with people online. If I could my whole day would be spent just writing.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Top 6 shows currently on television

5. ‘Modern Family’

Top 5 shows, Modern Family

Julie Bowen plays Claire Dunphy on "Modern Family."

I loved this quirky comedy from the very first episode. The central nuclear family, the Dunphys, is filled with great characters, especially the clueless dad, but it’s the nontraditional families that surround them that really make the show. The grandpa with his sexy, younger-than-his-daughter Columbian wife — who are either very rich or in need of debt repair — and her 10-year-old-going-on-40 son are interesting, complete characters, and they’re funny. Mitchell and Cam with their adopted baby Lily are endlessly lovable and hilarious, and “Modern Family” does them the favor of not writing them as the stereotypical, mostly-for-laughs gay men we have seen so much on prime time TV.

5. ‘Project Runway’

I think “Project Runway” does a good job of focusing on the fashion design competition and not personal drama. Sure, there’s some personal drama, but it’s just enough to let you get to know what is interesting about the contestants. People watch “Project Runway” to see who will win and lose each round, not to find out who said what about whom. Of course, I can’t write about “Project Runway” without mentioning its single best asset: Tim Gunn. Who doesn’t love him?

4. ‘The Office’

In previous seasons, “The Office” would have been No. 1 on my list, but ever since Jim got his management position, the dynamic of the show just isn’t quite the same. Jim has always been my favorite character, and he was also the sane center of the show. Now, I sometimes feel like I don’t know him anymore. Still, “The Office” is one of the best-written shows on TV, and I am excited to see what this season brings. Pam and Jim’s baby is on the way, and Dunder Mifflin will be sold to a company owned by Kathy Bates. … click here to read the rest of the article titled “Top 6 shows currently on television



No comments:

Post a Comment