About Me

My photo
I am an amateur writer, I love to blog and connect with people online. If I could my whole day would be spent just writing.

Monday, March 1, 2010

5 reasons I'm glad the Olympics are over

1960 Olympic gold medal

Olympic gold medal image from Flickr.

Now that the Olympics are over, television schedules -- and thus my life -- will go back to normal, for the most part. The Olympics are a well-loved  tradition that brings people together and honors the world's best athletes. Still, it will be nice to get back to following the storylines of my favorite sitcoms. Here are the five reasons I'm glad the Olympics are over.

1. '30 Rock'

True, "30 Rock" won't be on this week because of another series showing an hourlong special. Still, The Olympics had to end to make way for the special, and after the special airs, "30 Rock" season four can finally continue. "30 Rock" is my favorite show, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens. Maybe one of the characters will get a no fax cash advance?

2. 'The Office'

"The Office" is the series showing an hourlong special and knocking "30 Rock" from the lineup, but I ain't mad. Commercials show that Pam will go into labor, which means we should be treating to a New Baby episode. Who doesn't love that?

3. ABC Wednesdays

Showing the Olympics on NBC doesn't just affect the programming on NBC. Most other network stations have been showing reruns of their primetime shows during primetime. I am assuming this is because of the Olympics. I'll be very happy when I get to watch a new Wednesday lineup on ABC, and I am especially looking forward to "Modern Family."

4. More airtime for other things

As a person who frequently reads and watches news from multiple sources multiple times a day, it's always slightly irritating when one subject dominates coverage for an extended period of time. I'm glad to go back to reading about all the other stuff -- even stuff about secured loans. ... click here to read the rest of the article titled "5 reasons I'm glad the Olympics are over"



No comments:

Post a Comment