About Me

My photo
I am an amateur writer, I love to blog and connect with people online. If I could my whole day would be spent just writing.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Check out California

Plan your Trip

Some people just want to discover how to plan a trip. You first have to decide a few things. For an example I will show you how I planned my trip to California.

Begin by making a budget

First I began a vacation budget. My budget was two thousand dollars. This is what we thought we could spend. We had already narrowed down where we were going by deciding on California. Our time frame for the trip was a week.

Transportation and where to stay

We had to decide where we wanted to drive or fly. We decided that since there might possibly be six of us going, it would cost more to fly there than to drive. We would make it a road trip. This could save us money in gas. We next had to decide on where to stay. Our next day's activities determined what hotels we stayed in. Cheap and nice hotels are usually the way to go.

Where you want to go

Since we already decided on going to California, this was easy. Next we had to decide what to see while there. Every Wednesday at the beginning of the month the San Francisco Golden Gate Park is free. Some days it will be really busy but still worth it. This will save you money there. The drive could take you all day. Where you live will effect this. It can take many people two days and others five hours. The beach is a great place to go the first day. I had to decide which beach I'd go to on Monday. On the second day we chose to go to a theme park. This would need to be a part of the vacation budget. Hopefully on the third day we'd have the chance to go to the free park and to the golden gate bridge. I wanted to shop at the pier and go to the San Francisco Wharf on Thursday. Alcatraz is a good idea for Friday. I decided we would go to the giant redwoods on Saturday. We planned to drive home Sunday. Make sure you do this in enough time to get all your tickets and rese! rvations.

Before you spend the money for your trip

Unless you know for sure you are going, don't buy things. Make sure you go through an agency if you don't know. They will supply you with protection. Be safe and enjoy your vacation to California!



No comments:

Post a Comment