About Me

My photo
I am an amateur writer, I love to blog and connect with people online. If I could my whole day would be spent just writing.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

101 Dalmatians the musical

101 Dalmatians the Musical is on tour. The stars of the Broadway show are 12 real dogs that are mostly rescue dogs from shelters. These pups were unwanted and left in shelters and now they are living on a Florida ranch when they are not touring in their rock star style tour bus and acting in the show.

The National tour of 101 Dalmatians the Musical starts this month in Minneapolis. And what people are talking about most is the finale, which is a 3 minute choreographed finale starring just the dogs! After the Disney movie, 101 Dalmatians premiered in 1996 and then the second one in 2000, people wanted Dalmatians for pets. Unfortunately, as cute as the black and white spotted dogs are, they don't make the best pets. Dalmatians tend to be more sickly and need vet visits which are costly. They are not real trainable and don't get along with kids so well.

So, a few years later, shelters were flooded with these cute pups that people no longer wanted to work with in their homes. But now, 12 of them have been saved by the movie. But shelters were worried there would be a repeat of the 1996 and 2000 fiasco involving over breeding then flooding the pounds with Dalmatians. So the producers of the show are giving a warning with the show, the dogs are cute but don't make great pets, so don't go out and buy one and especially, don't go out and have them bred.

I can't wait until 101 Dalmatians the musical comes to my town. I may not want a Dalmatian for a pet in my home, but I sure want to see the finale and the choreography involved with 12 Dalmatians dancing!



No comments:

Post a Comment