About Me

My photo
I am an amateur writer, I love to blog and connect with people online. If I could my whole day would be spent just writing.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I’m so grateful that Christopher Columbus discovered America

If he hadn't discovered America, we would not have Columbus Day which is a Post Office Holiday which means I have the day off work. I am surprised at how many people do not have the day off work.

Kids go to school on Columbus Day. I'm so surprised that the children go to school. Are the post offices delivering mail today? No. There are 10 days each year where the post offices do not deliver mail and I think these should also be holidays for schools. They are holidays for my company and many other companies out there.

Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Thanksgiving Day, Veteran's Day, Columbus Day, Labor Day, Independence day (the Fourth of July), Washington's Birthday (or President's Day) and Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday are the 10 holidays that the Post Office closes for. Christmas Day (December 25), New Year's Day (January 1), and Independence Days (July 4) all fall on the same dates each year, so I'm sure you are familiar with these dates.

This year, 2009, the dates for the closures for the other holidays are January 19th for Martin Luther King Jr's birthday, February 16th for Washington's Birthday or President's Day, May 25th for Memorial Day, September 7th for Labor Day, October 12th for Columbus Day, November 11th for Veterans' Day and November 26th, always the 4th Thursday in November, for Thanksgiving Day. I hope your company is as gracious as mine in giving you these days off work.



No comments:

Post a Comment